Karim Abdullah, ND
When I look back on the path that has led me to a rewarding practice that integrates Naturopathic and Oriental Medicine, there have been many important elements and experiences which have motivated me along this wonderful road. Primary among them have been my interests in learning about Nature, Humanity, the Sciences and the Source of all Life and Creation.
Each time we meet, my focus is to learn about your constitution and your condition, and to restore your health using the safest, yet most effective natural methods in medicine. I have great respect for the efforts and advances in conventional (allopathic) medicine and enjoy collaborating with Medical Doctors and Specialists to help a human being regain the gift of good health on all of its refined dimensions of well-being: spiritually, psychologically, emotionally and physically.
- Medical Research in Sickle Cell Anemia & Pharmacology, Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA, 1973-1974; Research in Cell & Molecular Biology in Pharmacology, Harvard School of Dental Medicine – Boston, MA, 1977-1979
- BA Biology – Boston University, 1985
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine – Bastyr University, 1994
- MS, Oriental Medicine & Acupuncture – Bastyr University, 2004
- Licensed by Department of Health, WA State in Naturopathic Medicine and Acupuncture
- National Board Certified in Naturopathic Medicine
- NCCAOM Board Certified in Acupuncture
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Bastyr Center for Natural Health, Seattle 1998-2005
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Bastyr Center, Seattle 1998-2005
- Assistant Professor, Naturopathic Counseling, Bastyr University, 1998-2003
- Instructor in Western & Oriental Therapeutic Nutrition at Seattle Institute of Oriental Medicine and Northwest Institute of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine, Seattle, WA, 2000-2001
- Aetna (some plans)
- First Choice
- Group Health (some)
Please note a provider’s in-network status does not guarantee coverage. Check with your insurance company to verify coverage and benefits based on your specific plan.